Department of Media and Public Relations
The Department of Media and Public Relations in the presidency of Al-Furat Al-Awsat Technical University is an important and vital department. It is considered one of the departments that has a permanent presence in covering and highlighting all the activities and events of the University.
Sections of the Department:
The Media and Public Relations Department consists of the following sections and units
1. Media Section
2. Public Relations Section
3. Coordination Section
4- Media units in colleges and technical institutes
Management of the Department:
The management of the dept. is based on dividing daily duties on the employees as directed by the head of the department. The tasks are distributed according to the activities required for the unit officials in the colleges and technical institutes.
Tasks of the Media and Public Relations Department:
1 – Covering different kinds of activities and events such as conferences, celebrations, and seminars, , sports festivals, and other activities in the colleges and institutes .
2. The Department publishes Al-Masar Al-Taqani journal (a monthly journal that focuses on scientific, literary and intellectual activities for the university’s colleges and institutes).
3. The Department coordinates and facilitates the work of all satellite channels and other media in all institutions of the university to complete its media reports.
4. The Department organizes the central conferences and celebrations of the University and media coverage of these celebrations.
5. The department follows up what is published about the university in other channels to brief the president of the university and takes the suitable measure.
6 – Organizing the TV interviews with the university president and any other official at the university.
7. The Department also pays attention to the human and social aspects for all staff members and professors, and extends congratulations and condolences their occasions and other events.
8 – The department aspires to communicate with other Iraqi universities.
The Duties of the Department
• Draw attention to the role of the university and its mission to build up a positive image of the university.
• Publishing all news and announcements about the university, and facilitating the task of journalists to obtain information about the university.
• Interact with the community to meet its needs of information and accurate statistical facts.
• Communicate with the media to disseminate the University’s mission, its services to the community, and organize meetings and press conferences for university officials.
• Follow up public opinion trends regarding the University’s activities and achievements.
• Preparing and issuing bulletins on the university’s achievements and activities and distributing them inside and outside the university.
• Media documentation for all university activities.
• Supporting colleges and departments in the implementation of events and conference