Biography of Professor Dr. Muthaffar Sadiq Al-Zuhairi
Chancellor of Al-Furat Al-Awsat Technical university
Full Name:- Muthaffar Sadiq Hassan Hussain Al-Zuhairi
Scientific title:- Professor
Birth:- 1961- Iraq / Diyala / Al-Khalis District
Phone Number:- 07901113106
Languages:- Arabic (native), English (fluent)
Current Job:- Chancellor of Al-Furat Al-Awsat Technical University
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering 1981-1982, Al-Mosul University- Republic of Iraq
- Master degree in Civil Engineering/Environmental Engineering 1985, Al-Mosul University- Republic of Iraq
- Doctor of Philosophy in Civil Engineering/ Environmental Engineering 2000, University of Technology – Republic of Iraq
Membership in professional societies and unions
- Member of the Iraqi Engineers Syndicate since (1982).
- Member of the Board of Technical Education Authority – Iraq.
- Member of the Quality Council of the Technical Education Authority.
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Leadership (British Management Institute) holds a CMI in Management from the aforementioned institute with honors during the year 2014.
Experiences in teaching and professional experiences:
- Supervising many engineering projects and maintenance and rehabilitation works in Al-Najaf, Baquba and Baghdad institutes.
- Member of the academic staff and lecturer in many Iraqi universities and institutes, namely;
- Technical Education Authority (Najaf Technical Institute) (1987-1990) (lectures in construction management and drawing Health and computers).
- Technical Education Authority (Baquba Technical Institute) (1991 – 1997) (Lectures in Surveying Engineering and Building Construction).
- Yarmouk College (1993 – 1997) (discrete mathematics lectures / data structures / Programming in Fortran and Basic.
- University of Technology (Baghdad), Department of Building and Construction (1998 – 1999) (lectures in mathematics, and air pollution control).
- Al-Mustansiriya University / College of Engineering (2000 – 2003) (Lectures in Liquefaction and Drainage Engineering).
- University of Technology / Building and Construction Engineering (2012-2013) (advanced treatment of wastewater for PhD students).
- Dean of the Technical Institute – Baquba (2003 – 2007).
- Dean of the Technical Trainers Institute in Baghdad (2007 – 2008).
- Dean of the Institute of Technology / Baghdad (2008-2013).
- Dean of the College of Engineering / Baghdad (2013-2014).
- Chancellor of the Southern Technical University (2014 – 2019).
- Chancellor of Al-furat Al-Awsat technical university (2019 – current).
- Sulphide Control for sewerage systems, 2000.
- Study of organic pollution as BODs and some other pollutants for Kufa River, 1994.
- Study of pollutions in Deyala River, 1995.
- Using of Industrial wastewater from Deyala company of Electrical industries for agricultural purposes, 2000.
- Using of metallic waste from industrial companies activity for reinforcement of some structural sections.
- Design of program for solid waste management at Deyala Area, 1998.
- Solid wastes generation rates and characteristics at Deyala Area 1999.
- Evaluation the efficiency of some water treatment plants at Deyala, 1997.
- The effect of water impoundment at Northern Tigris watershed, 1985.
- The efficiency evaluation for the main trunk sewer in Baghdad-Al Risafa side, 2006.
- Evaluation of future performance of Baghdad sewage treatment plants.
- Comparing between Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor and Conventional Activated Sludge system in Al-Rustamiyah WWTP, 2015.
- GIS-Based Frequency Ratio Model for Mapping the Potential Zoning of Groundwater in the Western Desert of Iraq, 2017.
- Preparation and Evaluation of Ceramic Material in Wastewater Treatment, Patent No.5300, Iraq, 2018.
- Mono- And Multi- Langmuir Sorption Isotherm Models of BTEX Removal From Groundwater. By GDAS, 2018.
- Kinetic and Equilibrium study of Benzene Removal by Granular Dead Activated Sluge, 2018.
- Groundwater Site Prediction Using Remote Sensing, GIS and Statistical Approaches: A Case Study in the Western Desert, Iraq, 2018.
- Development of Python-based Geospatial Tools for Urban Evaluation and Queries.2018
- The Ninth International Conference for Mining and Petroleum Engineering (21-24 February 2005), Cairo University.
- The Fourth Scientific Conference (1997), Technology University of Baghdad.
- The First Iraqi Forum for Technical Education and Vocational Training (Vocational and Technical Training) (17-19 July 2006),Cairo Egypt.
- The second phase of the British Council – Links (Nov 2005) program (links). The program included many Lectures in the field of management and performance evaluation).
- A program organized by the Lansman Company, Nottingham (England) (Oct 2004) (the program included proposals on Education in Iraq provided by the British Education Office, a presentation of the experiences of British companies in different regions From the world, visiting a number of British factories, and holding meetings with manufacturers of training equipment On vocational and technical education.
- All scientific conferences organized by the Technical Education Authority in Iraq.
- Program in Senior Management (LSIC / London Center for Training (April 2009).
- Twinning Program with Warwickshire College in the United Kingdom (2007).
- Representing the Iraqi Technical Education Authority in the twinning program with the University of NRC in Northern Ireland (2011).
- Participation in the Twinning Program with South Burton & Derbyshire College in the United Kingdom (2012).
- Participation in the DQP Deanship Rehabilitation Program in coordination with the British Colleges Group AOC and the British Council for a year and a half during the years 2011-2012.
- Participation in development courses organized by Alaasko/ United Nations and local community development.
Thanks and appreciation:
Granting many Certifications of thanks and appreciation for scientific achievements and high efficiency in the field of management.