Department of Finance
The department includes the following sections:
1- Budget Section
– Preparing the planning budget for the faculties and institutes of the university
– withdrawmonthlyallocations from the Ministry of Finance as operational salaries and funds ofthe colleges and institutes of the university according to their budgets.
– Prepare closed accounts of the university as well as respond to inquiries of Audit bureau.
2- Section of Office (Divan) Accounts:
– Pay thesalaries and advances of the university office.
– Preparing the closed accounts at the end of the fiscal year.
3- Supplies Section
– Overseeing the university’s assets in all its departments and sections
– Trackingthe storagerecords and documents for the colleges and institutes of the university.
– Keeping storagerecords and documents and confirming the input and output materials from the warehouse.
– Assisting the annual inventory and reconciliation committees
– Supervising the records of the cancellation of consumables materials that received from colleges and institutes of the university.
– Holding periodic meetings with the store-keepers and heads of the financial sections in the colleges and institutes of the University
4- Section Higher Education Fund
– Anindependent unitfinancially and administratively, whichapplies the unified accounting system and receives the revenues from colleges and institutes of the university.
– Payment is made in accordance with the Higher Education Fund Law, part of it is usedto pay lack of funds in the budget.
– Prepare the closed accounts for the fiscal year ended as well as respondingthe inquiries of the auditor’s office.
5. Section of investment plan
– Provide funds of the current account in the bank through Ministry of Finance and the Central Bank.Paying the contractors their advances depending on completed work after being checked according to the instructions of budget implementation and the instructions of government contracts No. (1) for 2008. After the process of payment, monthly accounts should be provided to the Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Higher education as well as closed accounts and follow-up letters of guarantee for all companies.
6. Salaries Section
– Auditing salaries of employees of colleges and institutes of the University as well as auditing the salaries of the Bureau
– Responding to inquiries received from colleges and institutes of the university