President of Al-Furat Al-Awsat Technical University,
Professor Dr. Engineer Abdul khadim Jafar Khayon Abdul Abbas Alyasery.
Professor Abdul khadim Al-Yasery obtained a Bachelor Degree in Electric Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Baghdad / Iraq, 1881. His MSc, qualification in Electrical Engineering was obtained 1993 from the University of Technology / Iraq. He got his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from same university “the University of Technology” / Iraq, 2000. He also obtained a Higher Diploma degree in Human Resources, Institute of Management and Leadership, London.
Since 1985 until current, Professor Abdul khadim Al-Yasery has been fully employed by the Iraqi Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research. During his employment he hold many important and strategic positions including the Dean of the Electronic and Electrical Technical College, the Dean of Babylon- Technical Institute, the Dean of Al-Shattrath- Technical Institute, the Dean of Al-Najaf- Technical College of Engineering, The Chancellor of the Iraqi Foundation of Technical Education, President of Al-Furat Al-Awsat Technical University, and Responsible for the administration of Northern Technical University.
– Restructuring the Iraqi Foundation of Technical Education by establishing four Technical Universities (Middle Technical, Northern Technical, Southern Technical, and Al-Furat Al-Awsat Technical Universities).
– Chairman of the Preparation and Supervision Committee on a strategy implementation of technical, vocational education and training institutions in Iraq (TVET) for the years from 2014 to 2023.
– Chairman of preparing and guiding committee for implementing strategy(TVET).
– A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed with ED, Samsung, Hyundai, and Kia in the fields of research, and providing modern laboratories.
– Maximizing the resources of education and reducing the dependence on central funding by activating the consultation service offices in cooperation with all government directorates and the expansion of evening studies and investment of agricultural lands.
– A Member of the Committee to discuss the application of smart electricity standards.
– Introducing clean energy technologies thereby supporting the research activities in such fields.
– He got patent in 2008 in the preparation and division of physical samples of type mnx2n-xfe204 and mixing them with other materials and their use in the preparation of absorbent surfaces for the surface of the micrometer waves of up to 2mm thickness that was awarded the third best patent award globally at which point it had been registered in London competition in 2009.
– Participating in many international scientific conferences and seminars such as the Engineering Conference in America, British Council and United Kingdom.
– Participating in many international scientific workshops in Northern Ireland, Miami in United States of America, Istanbul, and the city of Bulgaria and many scientific courses in Egypt, Germany, Iran, Jordan and Iraq as well.
He has 18 published scientific papers.
– He evaluated many scientific researches and higher studies and supervised more than 40 graduate students since 2005.
– He visited several countries such as Britain, Germany, Taiwan, Thailand, Hong Kong, Egypt, Syria, the UAE and Jordan.
– He participated in more than 20 courses and received many professional certificates from European, Asian and Arab countries.
– He received more than 50 books of thanks and appreciation from the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and other ministries and departments.