Introduction to the Department of student affairs
With the beginning of the establishment of Al-Furat Al-Awsat Technical University in 2014, the Department of Student Affairs was established to carry out the work related to all students’ affairs of preliminary studies in the technical colleges and institutes. The department established a systematic base and defined simple working mechanisms to ensure a work plan for the following years on the basis of scientific character in the proper administrative formulas and a vision that allows raising the student’s confidence in him/herself and their institute
The units associated with the department of student affairs
- Admission and Registration Division
- Alumni and Approaches Division
- Document Audit Division
- Students Affairs Division
- Evening studies Affairs Division
Main Duties of the Department of student affairs
- Provide all laws, instructions and policies related to students’ affairs.
- Building, maintain and update a database of graduates of technical colleges and institutes.
- Carry out statistical studies of number of students in each technical college and institute.
- Organize admission process of graduates of vocational academies in technical institutes.
- Nominating the university distinguished staff members for admission to colleges and institutes.
- Nominating the first 10% students of the technical institutes to continue their studies at the corresponding technical colleges.
- Follow-up students exchanging process between technical colleges and institutes electronically.
- Issuing university graduation certificates for all graduates.
- Presentation on the decisions and recommendations of the boards of technical colleges and institutes.
- Distributing all the Ministerial orders and instructions that related to student affairs to technical colleges, institutes and other university departments.
- Maintain the communication with related departments at the Ministry.