The Department of Scientific Affairs includes several sections, units and committees that focus on the scientific issues, the activities of the university teaching staff, their promotions, researches,establish plans related to scientific research,development of curricula, training and the establishment of seminars and conferences and follow-up assignments and lectures implementation.
The Department of Scientific Affairs Structure : The Department of Scientific Affairs includes five sections:
1 – Section of Higher Studies:
– Issuing administrative orders of doctoral, master and high diploma graduated students
– Follow up new opening sand the suspension of admission to postgraduate programs. – Issuing the administrative orders of the lettering students and the return of postgraduate students to continue their Academic. – Performing the daily correspondence with the Ministry, the commission, colleges and technical institutes. – Follow-up postgraduate and undergraduate students.
2 – Section of Curriculum and Training:
– Update and develop curricula, syllabus and Academic plans for all disciplines. – Supervising the proposed new openings of the colleges, institutes, departments and scientific branches. – Supervising the implementation of the university calendar of colleges and technical institutes. – Responding to the inquiries of colleges and technical institutes. – Follow-up students summer training.
3 – Section of Authorship and Sponsorship:
– Sponsoring researches and scientific books through the Committee of consolidation of research and translation. – Issuing administrative orders to write books and follow up all the procedures. – Holding scientific conferences and exhibitions. – Issuance of the folder, guides of the scientific conferences.
4 – Section of Statistics and Information:
– Setting up the annual admission plan for the technical colleges and institutes. – Preparation of the annual report of the commission. – Preparation of university statistics for technical colleges and institutes. – introduce the number of participated and the succeeded students.
5. Research and Development Section:
– Setting up annual plans related to scientific research by colleges and institutes and follow-up implementation. – Follow-up chemical and toxic materials in the colleges and technical institutes